With the average Brit watching almost 4 hours of television each day, it is clear that our TV is central to our lives these days. Watching too much television can be extremely bad for your health but what if you just want to add a little bit of harmless entertainment to your life now and then?
Well, if you get a poor quality, fuzzy reception then this could be harmful to your eyes as well as to your chances of enjoying your favourite programmes. Having to strain to make out the image in front of you is a very bad idea.
This is why so many people now look for indoor TV aerials to give them a better picture on their screens at home. These devices can make the channels you watch a lot clearer as well as giving you access to a far wider range of channels to choose from as well.
By understanding more about how these aerials works and what they offer you should be able to make a good choice that allows you to enjoy your evenings at home in front of the telly more than ever before.
Best Indoor TV Aerial 2017
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Indoor TV Aerial 2017
- 1.1 1. AKORD® FREEVIEW HD DIGITAL TV AERIAL
- 1.2 2. 1byone Digital HDTV Antenna with Omni-directional Reception
- 1.3 3. VicTsing Ultra-Thin Amplified Digital HDTV Aerial TV Antenna
- 1.4 4. Parsion HDTV Digital Indoor TV Aerial,2017 Newest HDTV Antenna
- 1.5 5. 2017 Newest Model Wsky TV Aerial – 50 Miles Digital HDTV Indoor Antenna
- 1.6 6. TV Aerial, HDTV TV Indoor Aerial Ultra-Thin Aerial antenna
- 1.7 7. TV Aerial – 0.5mm Paper Thin HDTV Aerial
- 1.8 8. TV Aerial, Indoor TV Aerial , 50 Miles Ultra Thin Digital Freeview Aerial
- 1.9 10. RGTech Monarch 50 Black – Indoor Freeview HDTV Aerial
- 2 How Does It Work?
- 3 Features That Are Important
- 4 Let’s Wrap It Up
This low cost indoor TV aerial does a terrific job in giving you clear images on your favourite TV channels. In addition, the AKORD® FREEVIEW HD DIGITAL TV AERIAL is optimised for HD digital reception and will let you get good quality DVB-T and DAB radio broadcasting.
An extra bonus is that it can also pick up Freeview channels in a lot of cases, although not everyone is able to get hold of these channels at home. You just need to use it with a standard coaxial connection, meaning that it can be connected to just about any type of television.
This is a compact, lightweight indoor aerial that has an adhesive mount to allow for quick and easy setting up wherever you get the best quality reception around your house. You get a 2 metre cable to help you use it flexibly around the room and a useful 12 month warranty to give you some extra peace of mind.
With this cool looking circular TV aerial you get a great look as well as beautifully clear images on screen. The 1byone Digital HDTV Antenna with Omni-directional Reception, Indoor Aerial with Stand has a thin, sleek design that isn’t going to ruin the look of your living room or bedroom by being too bulky or ugly.
It can be hung on the back of the TV or else on a hook on the wall if you prefer. A nice touch is the reversible design with black and white colours so that it can be used in harmony with any sort of home decoration as the occasion arises. A built-in 4G LTE filter stops mobile devices from interfering with the reception in any way.
You get an easy set up process with this modern television aerial, as well as 3 metres of coaxial cable and a stand. It is described as a 3 step set up, with unwrapping, plugging in and scanning for channels the steps that you need to follow to get started.
Anyone looking to put an end to cable and satellite bills might be tempted to give this VicTsing TV aerial a try as an alternative way of getting varied viewing at home. It promises us access to a nice range of free HD channels for greater home entertainment options at all times.
This indoor television antenna works with a long range signal booster and gives you 10 feet of coaxial cable to work with. The paper-thin design is sleek enough for it to not appear intrusive or need to be hidden away out of sight whenever any visitors come around.
As with all of the best indoor TV aerials these days, set up is as easy as plugging it in and then scanning for channels. The reception range is 25 miles and while not everyone will get a perfect picture with it, it is powerful enough to keep most reviewers happy. If you live further from a broadcasting tower then you will find other models with a longer range.
Very light and extremely thin, this indoor antenna is something that you can use to enhance your TV viewing without cluttering up your home unnecessarily. The Parsion HDTV Digital Indoor TV Aerial measures only 0.02 inches in thickness.
This HDTV aerial is designed to pick up signals from as far as away as 50 miles in the distance. You can very quickly start by plugging it in and then scanning for channels. It is recommended that you re-scan every month to carry on getting the best possible reception.
A very useful feature is that you can place it on any wall or glass surface, as it can be used on both flat and curved surfaces equally well. It comes with 10 feet of coaxial cable, which should probably be enough to allow most people to find the perfect reception somewhere in their house.
If you often struggle to get a good picture on your TV screen then this Wsky TV Aerial could be the answer to your problems. This indoor antenna promises to pick up channels within a 50 mile range and also has good quality cables to avoid interference getting in the way of your favourite shows.
This is one of the latest, wafer-thin TV aerials that have multi-directional reception patterns and can be used to pick up both digital and analogue free channels. At just over 13 feet long, the cable that comes with it is longer than that which you get with many other antennas these days.
This product is easily plugged in to the antenna port of the TV set and then all you have to do is scan for channels so that it is ready to use. It is extremely small and thin, with dimensions of 250 x 223 x 0.6mm and an incredibly lightweight feel.
This indoor TV antenna gives you a 35 mile reception range, which can be cranked up to 50 miles by attaching the booster. However, it is recommended that you only use the booster if you need it, rather than automatically using it right away without even trying it without the booster.
This is a Freeview aerial that lets you pick up a varied selection of HD and analogue channels without any fuss or great expense. You get a pretty standard 10 feet of cable to play with, meaning that you can move freely around the room looking for the ideal spot in which to leave the antenna.
It is an aluminium foil TV aerial, meaning that it is wonderfully light and easy to move about. You get Full HDTV sport on on 720p, 1080i, 1080p, as well as a wireless remote controller. Unlike many other aerials of this type, this one comes with a 12 month warranty, making it one of the best indoor TV aerial choices right now.
This ultra-thin Sonoka TV aerial comes with a satisfaction guarantee and a big range. Even if you live up to 70 miles away from the nearest broadcast tower you can still receive crystal clear images that add greatly to your home entertainment options.
This quality antenna is fully compatible with 720p, 1080i, 1080p / ATSC, so you can pick up a very nice range of shows. The extremely long 16 feet cable and the detachable amplifier add up to a very flexible package that you can move around until you find the perfect spot.
With dimensions of just 33 x 30 x 0.05cm, this is a very small antenna that can be neatly set up in just about any sort of home without looking out of place at all. If you currently have poor quality reception at home then choosing this TV aerial will give you a lot more viewing pleasure right away.
With a cool design and a big 16.5 feet cable, this is a terrific option for getting an indoor television antenna that isn’t an eyesore in your living room or wherever else you use it. You can use this aerial to get access to the brilliant range of Freeview channels very simply.
The low price means that this can work out to be a very affordable way of replacing cable or satellite bills with a convenient and long lasting solution. It works at a range of up to 50 miles and it is just 0.02” in thickness.
This product comes with a sticker that allows you to place it anywhere on your walls or windows for ease of use. It is worth noting that in the UK this television aerial for indoor use comes without a plug.
The 60+ mile range with this antenna means that it is ideal for someone who lives fairly far away from the nearest broadcasting tower. It works with 720p, 1080i, 1080p HD formats and gives nice, clear images on most people’s screen.
This is a convenient and low cost way of getting hold of Freeview channels to add to your viewing options but without spending too much money to it. It is described as being an amplified aluminium foil digital aerial, which simply means that it is extremely lightweight while also being highly effective.
Along with the antenna itself you also get 10 feet of good quality coaxial cable and a signal booster amplifier. In a matter of minutes you should be ready to settle down and watch some interesting new channels.
Billed as being invented by NASA Space Technology Hall of Fame scientist Dr Argy Petros, the RGTech Monarch 50 Black – Indoor Freeview HDTV Aerial is definitely an option well worth considering. It promises to let you see Freeview HD channels with a tremendous amount of clarity at home.
You should be able to use it with any digital ready television, with this antenna capable of receiving HD, UHF, VHF, FM, DVB-T and DAB Radio. You get a decent 50 mile reception range along with an integrated 4G Filter that cuts out mobile device interference.
This television antenna’s flexibility is added to by the fact that it comes complete with a long 15 feet coaxial cable. This product comes with a 30 day money back guarantee as well as a 5 year warranty.
How Does It Work?
It presumably didn’t take long after the invention of the television for people to wonder how to get a better image on their screens.
When home televisions first became popular the low level of the broadcasting power meant that big, chunky roof aerials were need to try and get a decent picture. Antennas of different types had been around since the late 19th century but it wasn’t until TV technology improved from the 1960s onwards that people could start to use smaller aerials on their roofs.
Since then, additional advances have allowed us to start using extremely small and lightweight indoor aerials, sometimes known as rabbit ears antennas although many of them no longer follow this classic design. Yet, even the best indoor TV aerial on the market just now works in pretty much exactly the same way that its predecessors did, by boosting the signal that is received to give a better quality image.
The rise of HD, digital TV and the presence of Freeview channels in the UK mean that a lot of people now look for high quality aerials to increase their viewing pleasure very simply.
Features That Are Important
- The range. The single most important feature with any indoor TV antenna is the range that it offers. This is because it needs to be powerful to pick up signals from broadcasting towers and send them to your screen. If you like in a rural location then this is likely to be more of a concern than it is for city dwellers.
- The cable length. You should expect a good quality antenna to come with a decent length of coaxial cable. The longer this cable is the greater the flexibility you will have in terms of where you position it. If you are going to use it in a bit room then you will want to be able to pick the spot.
- The size. One thing that most of us want to avoid is having a giant aerial that looks awkward and unsightly inside our houses. This is why the majority of models on the market just now are as small and attractive as you could reasonably expect them to be.
- How to fix it in place. Traditionally, people would just place their antenna on top of the television and leave it there. However, many of the current models come with stickers that let you attach them a wall or window very easily. Others comes with a stand.
- Mobile interference protection. A big issue for many homes these days is the possibility of mobile device signals interfering with the television reception. This risk is avoided by antenna companies adding built-in protection to keep mobile signals from causing problems.
- The compatibility. Ideally, you will get an indoor TV aerial that works perfectly with all types of digital television and radio. In this way, you will get an ever wider range of shows to enjoy in your home.
- The set up process. There is no longer any need to feel worried about the steps that are needed to set up your indoor antenna. There is no need to be a technical expert in this matter, as all you have to do is plug it in and then scan to see which channels are available.
- The guarantee. Most of the best TV antennas for indoor use are low cost products. However, some of the more expensive models come with a useful warranty that takes any risk out of the product. This is important because it can be impossible to know exactly how well any particular aerial is going to work until you get it home and try it.
Let’s Wrap It Up
If you love watching TV at home but don’t want to pay a fortune on cable or satellite bills then getting a good indoor television aerial is a good move. These are inexpensive and easy to set up devices that will very quickly give you a more extensive range of home entertainment options to choose from.
There isn’t typically a great deal of difference in the look of the top models around, while the range of features are usually pretty similar as well. That doesn’t mean that they are all exactly the same, though.
Once you know what to look for it is a lot easier to choose an antenna that fits your lifestyle and looks good in your living room or elsewhere. Having sorted out this purchase you can then just relax and enjoy the sensation of being able to choose from a massive range of the best TV channels very easily.