Best Reviewer may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Opinion is divided over how much damage is really done to our eyes by watching TV, playing games or working on a computer. Certainly, digital eye strain is an increasingly common problem that now affects two thirds of adults. Indeed, 44% of Brits over the age of 35 suffer from this problem regularly now.
[ Our #1 Choice ]
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
|Samsung C27F591 27 inch Curved LED Monitor|
|Samsung C27F390 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor|
|Samsung C32F391 32-Inch Curved LED Monitor – White Gloss|
|LG 29UC88 29-Inch Curved Monitor|
|Samsung C24F390 24-Inch Curved LED Monitor|
There are a number of things that can be done to lower the risk of eye strain while using a TV or computer screen. Among the best modern solutions to this problem is the arrival of curved screen monitors.
This type of screen is designed to make viewing more comfortable and the viewer’s eye movements more natural. Many of them also include a range of features that make them a lot easier and safer to use as well as more visually impressive.
Don’t miss: 10 of the best gaming chairs
Whether you already suffer from eye strain or not, moving to a curved screen could be exactly what you need to be able to use it with complete confidence. The best curved monitor for your needs is likely to be one that lets you watch the screen for longer without any problems.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Curved Monitors 2018
- 1. Samsung C27F591 27 inch Curved LED Monitor
- 2. Samsung C27F390 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor
- 3. Samsung C32F391 32-Inch Curved LED Monitor – White Gloss
- 4. LG 29UC88 29-Inch Curved Monitor
- 5. Samsung C24F390 24-Inch Curved LED Monitor
- 6. Samsung 21.5″ Curved LED Monitor
- 7. Viotek 32″ Led Curved Computer Monitor
- 8. Samsung 34 inch Curved LED Gaming Monitor w/Speakers
- 9. MSI Optix G27C 27-Inch LED-Backlit Curved 4 ms AMD FreeSync Gaming Monitor
- 10. ASUS Designo Curved 34-inch UWQHD (3440 x 1440)
- How Does It Work?
- Features to Look Out For
- Let’s Wrap It Up
Top 10 Curved Monitors 2018
1. Samsung C27F591 27 inch Curved LED Monitor
With this Samsung C27F591 27 inch Curved LED Monitor you are guaranteed a top quality, immersive viewing experience. It is a contrast ratio that is described as being the best in its class, together with an Eye Saver Mode that helps to lower the risk of eyestrain.
This Samsung monitor stands out from the crowd thanks to the rich and vibrant colours on display. The deep 1800R screen curvature is modelled on the human eye and it is designed to allow the viewer to track across the screen smoothly and comfortably without changing focus.
Other features that make it a worthwhile purchase include the Flicker Free technology, AMD FreeSync and Active Crystal Color technology. All in all, it a stylish and highly practical curved monitor that should give you hour after hour of comfortable viewing pleasure exactly when you want it.
2. Samsung C27F390 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor
If you want the best-curved monitor around then the Samsung C27F390 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor is a model that you will definitely want to take a look at. This monitor has handy features such as the Eye Saver Mode, which reduces the amount of blue light emitted when you want some extra eye care.
It is easy to set up straight from the box thanks to the quick installation guide and installation CD that come with this product. You also get deeper blacks and more brilliant whites thanks to the hugely impressive 3000:1 contrast radio that this Samsung monitor delivers.
The fact that the screen refresh rate and image frame rate are dynamically synced means that you get a smooth viewing experience that it also perfect for gameplay purposes. There is also a game mode that gives you optimised colours and contract on whatever game you prefer to play.
3. Samsung C32F391 32-Inch Curved LED Monitor – White Gloss
The Samsung C32F391 32-Inch Curved LED Monitor gives you a stylish and highly efficient monitor that is suitable for many different uses. For a start, it is compatible with both Windows and Mac computers, as well as being ideal for gaming purposes or watching movies.
It is also great to look at too. This is an incredibly slim device with an 11.9mm profile, meaning that it is as thin as a ballpoint pen. The circular stand is simple yet attractive
The rear panel has a glossy white finish that sets the whole thing off perfectly. Another plus point is that it uses eco-saving technology such as the auto-brightness setting to reduce the amount of energy used by up to 10%, according to Samsung’s own internal testing results.
4. LG 29UC88 29-Inch Curved Monitor
This LG 29UC88 29-Inch Curved Monitor has some impressive figures such as a display diagonal of 73.7 cm (29 inch), the display brightness of 300 cd/m and a display resolution of 2560 x 1080 pixels. Anyone planning to use it for gaming will be delighted to see that it delivers a stutter-free performance thanks to its FreeSync feature.
The Black Stabiliser is a handy function that detects objects in dark areas, which can be particularly useful for gamers, while Dynamic Action Sync also cuts down on the lag time when you react in a game.
At the back of the product there is a USB 3.0 port for quick charging purposes. The screen can also be divided into 2 or 4 sub-screen as needed while you are working on various tasks.
5. Samsung C24F390 24-Inch Curved LED Monitor
Wonderfully designed to be attractive and also give a top-notch performance, the Samsung C24F390 24-Inch Curved LED Monitor will fit seamlessly into just about any home and lifestyle. It gives quality images and an immersive experience on a range of different uses.
As with all of the best-curved monitors around these days, you get a crystal clear image with deep blacks and brilliantly clear whites. You can also put on the Eye Saver Mode to lower the amount of blue light and reduce the risk of eyestrain.
Overall, this is the kind of monitor that would look good in any room of the house and that will come in handy time after time. It is particularly good for gamers but versatile enough for use in any sort of situation.
6. Samsung 21.5″ Curved LED Monitor
With a black gloss finish and a 21.5” curved screen, the Samsung LC22F390FHUXEN is a smart choice of monitor that suits many different kinds of people. It offers a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and has a very impressive 3000:1 contrast ratio for crystal clear images.
With the help of the quick installation guide and CD, you will have it performing well in no time at all. The product dimensions are 20.6 x 50.2 x 39.2 cm and it weighs in at 2.8kg.
All in all, this curved monitor screen offers you pretty much everything you could ask for. It also comes in at a reasonable price too.
7. Viotek 32″ Led Curved Computer Monitor
With a bit 1800R curvature on its 32” screen, there is no denying that the Viotek Nb32C 32″ Led Curved Computer Monitor is a model that has a lot going for it. It offers 1080p full HD resolution and comes with VGA, DVI, and HDMI inputs.
Interestingly, this monitor has a tremendous Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 20,000:1, which guarantees that the blacks are as deep and the whites as light as you want them to be. Pre-set modes allow you to switch straight on to game playing or movie watching with the optimised settings all ready to use.
It is also nice to see a 60Hz refresh rate, as this provide you with constantly bright and stable images. Another good touch is the anti-glare treated screen that lets you view the action comfortably no matter where you decide to put this monitor around your home or work.
8. Samsung 34 inch Curved LED Gaming Monitor w/Speakers
If you want the best-curved monitor for work or for leisure then the Samsung LC34F791WQUXEN 34″ UWQHD Curved LED Gaming Monitor w/Speakers isn’t going to let you down. This model has 16.7 million colours and comes with all of the accessories that you need to get up and running in no time at all.
One of the best things about this Samsung monitor is that it makes life so easy for you when you want to multi-task. This is because you can set up the 21:9 ultra-widescreen using 2 input sources for greater flexibility. You can then re-size the second image at up to 25% of the screen and place it anywhere.
Another advantage is the presence of Ultra WQHD. This gives a screen resolution of 3440 x 1440, which is 2 and a half times the pixel density of Full HD and allows for incredibly sharp images.
9. MSI Optix G27C 27-Inch LED-Backlit Curved 4 ms AMD FreeSync Gaming Monitor
With a great refresh rate and curved rate together with True Colour, the MSI Optix G27C 27-Inch LED-Backlit Curved 4 ms AMD FreeSync Gaming Monitor is a fine choice for many people. The R1800 curvature rate means that it is easy on your eyes.
This is suitable for gamers thanks to the FreeSync features that keep the screen clear of stutters and flickers. The 178-degree viewing angle lets you get fully immersed in the action that happens on screen.
The flexibility of this gaming monitor is shown by the fact that there are 7 modes to choose from depending upon what you do. Bearing all of these features in mind, it is the sort of quality monitor that you won’t regret choosing.
10. ASUS Designo Curved 34-inch UWQHD (3440 x 1440)
It comes with 8-watt speakers with Harman Kardon Audio and ASUS Sonic Master technologies. The monitor also come with HDMI and DP ports so that you can hook up a number of devices.
Other useful features on here include the Qi Wireless Charger and the blue light filter. All in all, it is the kind of classy curved monitor that will make your viewing pleasure even greater over time.
How Does It Work?
Televisions have been around since the 1920s, when Scottish inventor John Logie Baird sent moving images of a ventriloquist’s dummy called Stooky Bill to another screen. Indeed, a number of scientists and inventors had been working on similar ideas even before that momentous event.
The following decades saw the process refined and before long people were treated to the wonders of moving pictures at home. By 1955 half of all homes in the US has TVs in them. Now, the number of households with televisions is well, over 90% in advanced countries, although there are signs that changes in viewing habits have seen the number of television-free homes increase in recent years.
Don’t miss: Best budget 144hz monitors
Of course, not long after we first welcomed TV sets into our home people began to fear that they might not be a good thing after all. While this was initially due to fears about the possible bad influence television shows could have on people, the strain that watching the screen puts on our eyes has also long been a contentious issue as well.
It is now known that using a computer and watching the TV doesn’t cause short-sightedness, but it can cause severe eye strains problems. This is where curved monitors come in, as their design is all about reducing this risk.
This is a recent invention that has proved to be of tremendous help to a lot of people already. The curvature isn’t big enough to make the screen more difficult to watch but it does mean that your eyes can track the action more naturally at all times.
The best-curved monitors help to reduce the glare and give you a sharper picture. This means that you get a top quality image using the latest technology and with a lower risk of straining your eyes looking at it.
Features to Look Out For
You will find that many of the top curved monitors have similar features that make life easier for you. Among the best of them are the following.
- The size. For many people, the bigger the screen the better. The truth is that sometimes a screen can be just too big for comfort, though. However, in some cases, you might be better with a smaller monitor if it is for use in a smaller room, for example.
- The curvature rate. The exact amount of curvature on the screen will go a long way towards ensuring that it gives you the perfect image without hurting your eyes. You might want to check out a few before you make a final decision on what suits you best.
- The refresh rate. A high refresh will give you a screen that is completely free of flickering and stuttering. This is especially important for gamers who want to enjoy smooth, uninterrupted action.
- Different modes. Are you planning to use your monitor for a number of different things? Some people want to watch movies, play games and also work on a device like this. If this sort of variety is what you have in mind that being able to switch easily between different modes will allow you to get the best out of it at all times with no hassle.
- Contrast ratio. A high contrast ratio is the key to seeing deep blacks and bright whites on screen. This is important if you want a high-quality image that lets you see all of the details easily and without straining your eyes at all.
- Input ports. These days it is vital to get a monitor with a good range of input ports. In this way, you can hook up a number of devices and use them together with your monitor effortlessly.
- Multi-tasking. A great new feature in many of the latest curved monitors is the multi-tasking option. What this means is that you can see 2 or even 4 screens at the one time. This is perfect if you are going to be working on more than one thing at once.
- The warranty. Clearly, no electronic device is free from the risk of breaking down or otherwise letting you down at some point. For this reason, you will feel a lot more confident about buying one that comes with a long, solid guarantee.
- Energy consumption. We all worry about using too much energy at home these days. If you watch a lot of TV then you will want a screen that doesn’t eat its way through too much energy. An automatic standby feature is also well worth having.
- The cost. The good news is that the cost of these cutting-edge TVs isn’t as high as you might think. Even the best-curved monitors from top brands are now pretty affordable, so you should definitely shop around for the best price.
- Blue light reduction. Being able to reduce the amount of blue light emitted is a big help in lowering the risk of eye strain. A monitor with this option will let you adjust the image so that you are better protected without losing any quality on the image.
- Screen resolution. Just because it is a curved screen doesn’t mean you should forget about classic TV issues such as resolution. This is determined by the number of pixels on the screen and goes a long way towards how clear the images you see will be.
Let’s Wrap It Up
Buying a new monitor shouldn’t be a big hassle or something to get stressed about. As long as you understand a few basic points it should be easy enough for you to make a good choice.
For example, you will want to understand the pros and cons of curved screens before you even get started.
Once you find a monitor that suits you then you should quickly discover how much fun it gives you. The chances are that you won’t even notice the curvature unless you sit really close to it.
Of course, if you find that using this sort of screen help you to avoid straining your eyes then it is going to go down as one of the best investments you have ever made. Don’t let eye strain ruin your life when making this switch could be the perfect solution to it from now on.