Best Reviewer may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Electric showers heat up water faster than a standard shower. A major convenience and benefit are the water won’t abruptly turn from hot to cold and back to hot.
Check this out: Best Bathroom Extractor Fan For 2020
The cost of running an electric shower is another benefit you cannot ignore. So you’re probably wondering which electric shower is the best one to buy. We are way ahead of you and offer you our best five picks to choose from.
Read Article: Best Electric Screwdriver
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table
- Our Best Electric Power Shower Reviews and Comparisons
|1. Bristan HY POWSHX W – Hydropower Thermostatic Power Shower
|2. Mira Jump 10.8 kW Electric Shower
|3. Triton Touch 9.5kW Electric Shower
|4. Bristan BL3105 B Bliss 3 Electric Shower
|5. Aqualisa Quartz Electric Shower with Adjustable Head
Our Best Electric Power Shower Reviews and Comparisons
1. Bristan HY POWSHX W – Hydropower Thermostatic Power Shower
The new 1500xt Power Shower is an ideal replacement for your old SF 201-T with a few alterations to the plumbing and electric connections.
It has a neat flat riser rail, three function handset and a redesigned on/off and temperature controls.
- Push button start/stop.
- Working pressure range: 0.1 – 1.0 bar.
- Plumbing system: Low pressure gravity systems only.
- Eco button for deactivation of boost.
What We Like About Bristan HY POWSHX W – Hydropower Thermostatic Power Shower
Being a replacement for a brand no longer on the market makes it unnecessary to change the mounting fixings or the hot and cold water connections.
The unit’s thermostatic settings keep the chosen temperature constant and very powerful.
What We Don’t Like About Bristan HY POWSHX W – Hydropower Thermostatic Power Shower
It is not a suitable replacement for previous models as advertised. The fittings are very different.
It is noisier than its predecessor and does not deliver a powerful jet of water.
- Great water flow
- Thermostatic control keeps water temperature within +/- 1 C
- Economical shower does the same job as more expensive models
- The chrome rail is an improvement to the previous white plastic
- Pump has burnt out after 18 months
- Leaks occur within a year
- Has stopped functioning in less than a year
2. Mira Jump 10.8 kW Electric Shower
Mira Jump’s Electric Shower easily replaces any existing electric shower model. The clear scale technology means your shower lasts up to 50 percent longer and performs better.
- Pressure stabilised temperature control maintains your selected showering temperature.
- Separate power and temperature controls with push buttons on/off fine tune your shower experience.
- Four spray showerheads with rub-clean nozzles for easy limescale removal.
- Accepts top, bottom and rear water entry from the left or right side with moveable terminal block for easy connection.
What We Like About Mira Jump 10.8 kW Electric Shower
Mira’s Clearscale technology ensures limescale buildup to be reduced by up to 50%.
This product accepts water and cable entry from the left or the right, which makes it a suitable replacement for many older models.
What We Don’t Like About Mira Jump 10.8 kW Electric Shower
The layout of the inner workings is completely different meaning that a direct swap cannot be done, instead, pipework must be extended.
- Great extra flow/volume at lower wattage
- Offers both a powerful flow and a gentle fine spray
- It provides a consistent showering action
- Minimizes limescale buildup
- Not enough power
- Not universal
- Very noisy
3. Triton Touch 9.5kW Electric Shower
Triton Touch electric shower’s easy to use touch controls also includes a clear, illuminated temperature readout. Expertly engineered and rigorously tested, this electric shower is BEAB safety standards-compliant.
- Text display of every shower operation includes temperature and other settings
- Separate start/stop controls make it easy to keep previous setting
- Accurate temperature display maintains your ideal settings
What We Like About Triton Touch 9.5kW Electric Shower
This shower efficiently and reliably handles varying water pressures. Constant temperature is solidly maintained.
What We Don’t Like About Triton Touch 9.5kW Electric Shower
Shower is not as responsive to maintain lower heat temperatures.
- Easy to use
- Very quiet
- Convenience of water temperature display
- Great value for the money
- None indicated
4. Bristan BL3105 B Bliss 3 Electric Shower
Bristand offers a long-lasting electric shower as an ideal replacement for many UK shower brands. It matches up with the water and electric inlets, in addition, to any existing fixing holes.
Supplied with an adjustable riser kit that has a built-in soap tray and integral hose retainer and includes adjustable top/bottom brackets that easily cover existing riser holes and tile joints, max 625 mm.
- Safety devices include thermal cut out and pressure relief.
- Anti limescale feature reduces build up.
- Three mode Rub-clean handset extends product life.
- Warm up mode.
- Draws water directly from mains supply, at working pressures between 0.7 bar and 10 bar
What We Like About Bristan BL3105 B Bliss 3 Electric Shower
The shower provides three settings: cold, warm/eco, hot. The temperature stabilizing device compensates for changes in the water pressure guaranteeing a consistent showering temperature.
What We Don’t Like About Bristan BL3105 B Bliss 3 Electric Shower
The temperature goes from scalding hot to freezing cold. It develops a leak from the back of the shower.
- Shower is quiet
- no more cold starts
- Accurate digital display
- Handy storage shelf for toiletries
- Prone to leaking
- Abruptly shifts from cold to hot water
5. Aqualisa Quartz Electric Shower with Adjustable Head
This award-winning quartz electric by Aqualisa is not only stylish in design it is also economically-efficient. As a secondary or replacement, this shower is ideal.
Water is heated as required with no demand on stored hot water.
- User friendly ‘smooth glide’ control includes an LED indicator
- Power options range from 8.5kW to 10.5kW
- Harmony shower head includes 5 spray settings
- Unique ‘over temperature protection’ for safer showering for all the family
- Phased shutdown removes residual hot water and minimizes limescale build-up
What We Like About Aqualisa Quartz Electric Shower with Adjustable Head
A nice steady flow that adjusts quickly without burning or freezing you when another tap is turned on. The heat control is very simple to use, always supplying the correct water temperature.
What We Don’t Like About Aqualisa Quartz Electric Shower with Adjustable Head
This is not a direct replacement due to the unaligned pipe inlet. There’s very little room for error in the holes required for affixing to the wall.
- Direct replacement for older models
- Consistent temperature
- Easy to install
- Easy to clean nozzles
- Water pressure is too low
- Breaks down after 1-3 years
For the best shower experience, it would seem Triton Touch is the winner.