Best Reviewer may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Body hair has been a challenge in the field of personal grooming and hygiene from ancient times. Probably for almost as long as people have been trying to find ways to remove it.
Smooth skin gives a more robust and healthy appearance and is typically considered more attractive to the eye and touch, which is also the end goal of any grooming process.
While a spa appointment might be a more traditional way to go about undergoing laser hair removal, there are several personal devices available that are cost-effective and saves you a trip by doing this yourself at home.
Below, we’ve selected five of the best home laser hair removal devices available today. Choose one and you’re on your way to cleaner skin.
Read Related Article: Best Home Laser Hair Removal in 2020
Customers should note that while ‘laser’ treatment indicates a single continuous beam of light for treatments, most of these devices are Intense Pulsed Light, which means these devices use small bursts of light to minimize damage to the skin between the pores.
Read Article: Best Nose Hair Trimmer for 2020
Although there is little functional difference, some medical conditions may mandate one and not the other, and buyers should take care that they select the right system for their individual conditions.
Table of Contents
|1. Braun IPL Silk Expert Pro 5 PL5137
|2. SMALLRT Permanent Hair Removal System
|3. YUNDOO Painless Hair Removal Device
|4. Homecart IPL Permanent Hair Remover
|5. Qmele IPL Hair Removal Device
Our Best Product Reviews and Comparisons
1. Braun IPL Silk Expert Pro 5 PL5137
This system is the choice of noted lifestyle magazine Cosmopolitan for its easy operation and unquestionable results.
- Precision head for narrow areas
- Rated for complete hair removal in just four weeks
- Automatically adapts to your skin tone
- Smaller and lighter than previous models
What We Like About Braun IPL Silk Expert Pro 5 PL5137
Braun outperforms expectations in almost every field, making it the preferred choice of beauty experts and dermatologists alike.
What We Don’t Like About Braun IPL Silk Expert Pro 5 PL5137
The pulse emitter can aggravate even mild conditions to a potentially dangerous degree.
- Significantly reduced weight and size from previous models
- Accompanying mobile app to track treatments
- Multiple heads for treating smaller or larger areas
- Included razor for preparing skin for treatment
- Comes with useful carrying pouch
- Potential harmful on preexisting conditions
- Exceptionally expensive
2. SMALLRT Permanent Hair Removal System
Quick and painless hair removal for an impressive flash count.
- 600,000 flashes
- 5 energy levels available
- Manual mode for fine control
- Little sensation while in use
What We Like About SMALLRT Permanent Hair Removal System
This device considerably reduces the painful sensations that typically accompany treatment. And it toggles quickly between fine and wide flashes for best results.
What We Don’t Like About SMALLRT Permanent Hair Removal System
The product is less universal than others, and is ineffective on dark skin or light hair.
- High flash count
- Easy manual control mode
- No pain in use
- Quick acting
- Safety goggles included
- Ineffective for some skin and hair tones
- Can be awkward to hold and use
3. YUNDOO Painless Hair Removal Device
One of the leading names in the field and designers of the original laser treatment, Yundoo delivers that same treatment to your home.
- 500,000+ flashes
- Multiple return windows
- Anti-glare glasses included
- One-piece quartz lamp
What We Like About YUNDOO Painless Hair Removal Device
This company stands behind its product, with several overlapping guarantees to make sure the customer goes home satisfied.
What We Don’t Like About YUNDOO Painless Hair Removal Device
Spotty performance and few reports can easily drive users to a more reliable version of this product.
- Manual and automatic modes
- Glare glasses to protect form overspill
- Reliable to half a million flashes
- Excellent customer service
- Complimentary shaver for skin preparation
- Not as many flashes as other models
- Fairly generic product with few distinct advantages
4. Homecart IPL Permanent Hair Remover
Unlike many similar devices, this machine actually does work on several different shades of skin and hair.
- Two control buttons
- Included goggles and shaver
- 500,000 flash rating
- Three square cm flash port
What We Like About Homecart IPL Permanent Hair Remover
This device works on a broader range of skin tones and hair colors than similar models, and has physically separate controls for different modes.
What We Don’t Like About Homecart IPL Permanent Hair Remover
This product is from a relatively new supplier and has little in the way of user review to assure reliability.
- Comfortable size
- Physical mode selection
- Goggles, shaver, and charger included
- Covers more complexions than usual
- Operates while charging
- Unknown provider with little feedback
- Mediocre flash count
5. Qmele IPL Hair Removal Device
This model is focused on safety and durability, letting you enjoy clean skin with no harmful side effects
- Replaceable quartz lamp/li>
- Four square cm flash zone
- Liquid crystal monitor
- Skin sensor prevents unwanted firing
What We Like About Qmele IPL Hair Removal Device
Qmele puts some extra thought into their device with user-friendly additions like an information display and skin sensor safety feature
What We Don’t Like About Qmele IPL Hair Removal Device
Machine is reported to heat up to an uncomfortable degree, even at low power.
- Shaver and goggles included
- Lamp can be replaced for continued use
- Display lets you check the status of your machine
- Works while charging
- Skin sensor prevents the light from firing unless actually in contact with your body
- Lens can heat up quickly
- Replacement lenses are hard to find, even from the manufacturer
These machines can all take your complexion to the next level. They are easy, clean, and effective, cutting down on unsightly body hair in just a few weeks of treatment.
Keep in mind that the light pulse generators can be harmful to the eye, and always use the included safety goggles or other eye protection until the device is safely turned off.