Best Reviewer may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The modern kitchen can easily be said to center around the dishwasher. More than any other appliance, utensil, or implement, nothing makes you feel like you are ahead of the world like getting an entire load of dishes done with the push of a few buttons.
Most kitchens will feature the freestanding dishwasher, a separate unit installed after the kitchen was built in a space that likely housed a few cabinets once. Some people will go the extra mile for their kitchen and select an integrated dishwasher, in a niche built to measure and hidden behind the decor to avoid breaking up the kitchen’s visual appeal.
The difference in placement means that integrated dishwashers are usually shaped slightly differently than free standing ones. Those that fit under a counter or behind wall panelling are often deeper instead of wider, with fewer control surfaces to stick out and get in the way.
We’ve rounded up the five best models below to help you choose which one you want helping with your housework.
Table of Contents
|1. Hoover HDI3DO623D-80
|2. Bosch SMV46MX00G
|3. Lavavajillas WHIRLPOOL WIO3O33DEL 869991016790
|4. AEG ComfortLift FSS62800P
|5. Beko DIN26410
Our Best Product Reviews and Comparisons
1. Hoover HDI3DO623D-80
Hoover’s long history of excellence in appliances continues with this dishwasher. It can hold up to 16 place settings behind a featureless door.
- A+++ energy efficiency
- Separate drawer for cutlery
- Nine predetermined programs
- Separate drawer for cutlery
What We Like About Hoover HDI3DO623D-80
This product’s facade is entirely blank, making it easy to panel or paint over as you remodel.
What We Don’t Like About Hoover HDI3DO623D-80e
The compact size can make this model hard to load, especially with the recommended dish brackets.
- Automatic air drying
- Easily blends with other decor
- Room for nearly 200 pieces to a load
- High efficiency
- Quiet operation at 43 decibels
- Narrow interior can be hard to load
- Lackluster customer support
2. Bosch SMV46MX00G
Sporting all the extra features you might be looking for, this dishwasher makes doing the dishes a snap.
- A++ efficiency rating
- Holds 14 place settings
- 46 decibels
- Handle-free front for an elegant kitchen
What We Like About Bosch SMV46MX00G
This product is highly customizable, offering a full cleaning in the exact conditions suitable for any given load.
What We Don’t Like About Bosch SMV46MX00G
The wealth of extra features makes this model decidedly more expensive than comparable units.
- Handle-free front panel
- Fully programmable washing modes
- Quiet running mode
- Automatically opens to air-dry
- Load timer
- Pricey, as compared to similar items
- Less efficient than similar items
3. Lavavajillas WHIRLPOOL WIO3O33DEL 869991016790
a budget-friendly model that still has the performance of more expensive units.
- 43 decibels
- Holds 14 place settings
- A++++ efficiency rating
- 9 ½ liters per cycle
What We Like About Lavavajillas WHIRLPOOL WIO3O33DEL 869991016790
Despite the relatively low cost, this product can compete with other models in the next price bracket up for capacity and efficiency
What We Don’t Like About Lavavajillas WHIRLPOOL WIO3O33DEL 869991016790
There are few extra features, and less automation than some might be looking for in their kitchen.
- Quiet running
- Multiple spray directions for full cleaning
- Built in fan to dry dishes
- Adjustable cutlery tray to accommodate stem glasses
- Status light to indicate when cycle is finished
- No customizable run cycles
- Relatively few pre programmed modes
4. AEG ComfortLift FSS62800P
This model has been designed for user comfort and is easy to load and unpack with adjustable basket heights and a vertical assist to bring them within reach.
- A+++ efficiency rating
- Holds 13 place settings
- Up to 24 hour start delay
- Weight sensor detects load size and adjusts water use accordingly
What We Like About AEG ComfortLift FSS62800P
This is an exceptionally comfortable dishwasher to use, with Comfort Lift technology holding racks steady at waist height while you put the clean dishes away.
What We Don’t Like About AEG ComfortLift FSS62800P
The control panel is not labeled clearly, nor are the controls particularly intuitive to compensate.
- Racks held at a comfortable height for reaching contents
- Rubber grips for stemmed glasses
- Half-load detection and water adjustment
- Programmable delay up to twenty-four hours
- Satellite spray arm washes dishes from all directions
- Confusing control panel
- Smaller than similarly priced models
5. Beko DIN26410
Some might be intimidated by the price tags that large appliances bring with them, but this budget model is here to clean your dishes, not your wallet.
- Washes up to 14 place settings
- Six preloaded programs
- A+ energy rating
- Adjustable top shelf
What We Like About Beko DIN26410
Beko beats the competition outright on price, delivering the same performance at little more than half the cost to the customer.
What We Don’t Like About Beko DIN26410
This model’s A+ efficiency rating is good, but still behind that of similar units.
- Fast wash, even on tougher messes
- Top shelf adjusts to fit different utensils
- Salt level indicator
- Six programs preloaded
- Specially made wine glass basket
- Fewer presets than other units
- Less efficient than several A+++ options
These are the top of the range when it comes to cutting down on the age-old chore of washing up. Your dishes will be squeaky clean and dry, and your integrated dishwasher will give your kitchen an impressive unified decor.
It’s not often that one appliance can add two finishing touches to the home, but these models manage that just fine.
As these are integrated, buyers are cautioned to check the dimensions of their chosen purchase carefully against its intended placement before placing an order. Unlike freestanding models, these will need to be the right size and shape for the cabinet to become part of your kitchen.