Best Reviewer may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
[ Our #1 Choice ]
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
There is a lot of debate about how important it is for us to drink milk as adults, with consumption falling in some parts of the world lately. However, the average person still drinks 144 pints of cow’s milk a year.
Milk brings us a variety of interesting health benefits but not everyone finds a way of drinking it that they enjoy. From pouring it on top of cereals to making milk shakes with it and simply drinking cold glasses of the stuff, there are a few different ways of trying to increase your intake.
Yet, perhaps the tastiest way of drinking milk is in frothy drinks such as cappuccino, latte and hot chocolate. Moderate caffeine consumption can be good for you, so adding this sort of drink to your lifestyle can make a lot of sense on different levels.
Don’t miss: Best panini press
Of course, buying these frothy coffee and chocolate drinks in your favourite café is great fun but it can be extremely expensive to do this in the long run. This is why so many people now choose to make frothy, milky drinks at home instead of going out to buy them.
The simplest way of doing this is by buying the best milk frother for your needs and taste. If you do this then you can enjoy great drinks whenever it suits you and without spending a fortune on it. So, which model would work best for you?
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 10 Best Milk Frothers
- 1.1 1. Milk Frother, VAVA Electric Liquid Heater with Hot or Cold Milk Functionality
- 1.2 2. VonShef Milk Frother Electric Premium Stainless Steel Dual Function
- 1.3 3. Dualit Milk Frother
- 1.4 4. 800ml SUMERSHA Stainless Steel Milk Frother
- 1.5 5. Ikea Produkt Cordless Milk Frother /Foamer Whip Latte
- 1.6 6. Lavazza Hot Or Cold Milk Frother
- 1.7 7. Electric Milk Frother by GemEView
- 1.8 8. PREMIUM KITCHEN PRO Milk Frother plus STAND
- 1.9 9. Hotpoint HD Line Induction Milk Frother, 500 W, Black
- 1.10 10. HESKA LARGE 500 ml Electric Milk Frother
- 2 How It Works
- 3 Features That Are Important
- 4 Let’s Wrap It Up
Top 10 Best Milk Frothers
With this milk frother you can obtain hot, warm or cold milk to make a wide variety of different drinks. You can enjoy cappuccinos, lattes, hot chocolates, iced coffees, macchiatos and a lot more once you get started. The capacity for heating milk is 240ml/8.1oz, while you should use less than 115ml/3.9oz when you are frothing.
Useful accessories that you get with this product include the extra set of whisks that could come in handy at some point. The VAVA Electric Liquid Heater with Hot or Cold Milk Functionality works quietly and safely, meeting current international safety standards.
The spout is cleverly angled to avoid spillages and it is easy to clean up afterwards thanks to the non-stick coating. The Strix temperature controller and the milk level indicator help to make sure that you can very easily make the perfect milky, frothy drinks every time that you feel a thirst coming on.
The VonShef Milk Frother Electric Premium Stainless Steel Dual Function promises to make it easy to produce barista style frothy drinks at home at any time. This is a cordless milk frother that has a heating capacity of 240ml and a frothing capacity of 115ml.
It has a stylish stainless steel design and a 360 degree swivel base for ease of use. Other noteworthy features include the automatic switch off function and a heat resistant lid and handle. In addition, you get a 2 year warranty with this milk frothing device.
It weighs 1.2kg and has dimensions of 16.5 x 13.5 x 20.5cm, so it is compact enough to not be a nuisance for storing away. With a stylish silver design this will look good in any kitchen. It is also a fast worker, with milk being heated to about 65°C in a matter of seconds.
This sleek milk frother works very quickly, making hot or cold froth in just over a minute. The Dualit Milk Frother is also incredibly easy to use thanks to thoughtful features such as a removable whisk, non-stick coating and non-slip rubber feet.
Another big advantage with this frother is that you can use it on a cordless basis, giving you a huge amount of extra flexibility. The drinks you can make include lattes, milkshakes, cappuccinos and hot chocolate. There is a big enough capacity to make two of these drinks at a time too.
This is a compact frothing machine that looks good and works effortlessly from the very first time that you use it. If you want to add some great, frothy drinks to your life then this device is a cool way of doing so that doesn’t cost too much.
This is simple and effective manual milk frother that can be used to create some terrific, tasty drinks with no fuss at all. The SUMERSHA Stainless Steel Milk Frother has a double mesh that is designed to make it a faster and easier task to get deliciously whipped milk.
It can be used for temperatures up to 60℃ and is so easy to use that anyone can whip up some great drinks like cappuccinos and lattes in no time. To operate it you just need to add hot or cold milk, pump it up and down and then pour out the frothy milk into your cup.
You can use up 200ml of milk in this manual frother. You can expect to pump it around 40 times to get great results.
If you want an extremely cheap milk frother that does the basics well then this Ikea Produkt Cordless Milk Frother /Foamer Whip Latte is unlikely to let you down. It is battery operated off 2 AA batteries and can froth up coffee, milk or cream in just 15 to 20 seconds.
You can use it for either hot or cold drinks, giving you a tremendous variety of different drinks that you can make with it when the mood takes you. At just 100g in weight you will also find that it is light and easy to handle.
This is possibly the best milk frother for someone who wants to occasionally make some great, frothy drinks but doesn’t want to pay out a fortune for the pleasure. It isn’t likely to last forever but it should give you a few nice drinks to enjoy for a time.
This is a big, good looking milk frother that works well for the likes of coffee and hot chocolate. The Lavazza Hot Or Cold Milk Frother uses induction heat technology and can also give you cold, frothy milk whenever you feel like it.
You can froth a lot of milk in here at any one time, as it has a very good capacity of 550ml. Another piece of good news here is that you can easily remove the jug, lid and stirring heads to clean up without any fuss after using it.
This is seen as being a good addition for anyone who already owns the Lavazza Minu Coffee Machine. It is a bit more expensive that many of the other current alternatives but with a range of good features and a stylish look it is going to fit in very well with many people’s lifestyles.
If you love frothy coffee and other milky drinks then the GemEView Automatic Milk Frother and Heater is going to be a useful addition to your kitchen. It is made of stainless steel and has a non-stick coating on the interior to make cleaning up after use as simple as possible.
There are two small whisks with this coffee frother, one for heating the milk and another for doing the actual frothing. You get a total of three settings that you can choose from, which are hot froth, cold froth and hot milk.
It is a simple machine to operate with just two buttons to make it work. The capacity for frothing milk is 100ml and the heating capacity is 200ml. It has a slim, modern design that means that it won’t take up too much room or ruin the look of your kitchen.
If getting barista quality drinks at home for little outlay sounds too good to be true then you will want to try the PREMIUM KITCHEN PRO Milk Frother plus STAND. This coffee and cappuccino frother is ideal for adding some fun to coffee at any time.
This is a hand-held milk frother that can be used for an incredible variety of drinks such as protein shakes and baby formula as well as all of your favourite types of coffee. It has a 12,000 rpm motor and is powered by 2 AA batteries.
Added bonuses here include a frother stand and a set of cool stencils to allow for creative designs that makes your drinks far more memorable. The frother works quickly and efficiently, while being light and easy to handle too.
With 4 temperature settings and induction technology, the Hotpoint HD Line Induction Milk Frother offers a safe and convenient way of producing frothy cappuccinos and other great drinks. It is a dishwasher safe device, meaning that cleaning up after use is pretty much completely effortless.
This is a fast heating frother that works perfectly with a range of drinks, such as milk shakes, lattes and hot chocolate. The different settings give you a choice of cold, 40˚, 65˚ and 85˚C. The minimum level is 80ml, while the maximum is 200ml for frothing and 400ml for heating.
Coffee lovers are sure to give this frothing machine a lot of use and it should stand the test of time. It isn’t the cheapest model around but it does a great job every time.
This stainless steel milk frother has a robust, sturdy build and gives a tremendous amount of variety when it comes to making frothy drinks. From cold milk to frothy cappuccinos and lattes, you can add many new favourites to your daily routine from now on with this machine.
The HESKA LARGE 500 ml Electric Milk Frother has a heat resistant handle and provides simple, one button operation. This is a cordless frother that heats milk up to 65 degrees. You can heat up to 500ml or froth up to 250ml.
There is a handy 2 year warranty with this device that is good news. It measures 11.3cm x 11.3cm x 19.3cm and weighs 1.3kg, so it isn’t going to be particularly cumbersome for you to use or to store away.
How It Works
Cappuccinos started life in Italy, where the energy boosting combination of milk and caffeine was seen as being the perfect way to get the day off to a fine start. The name of this drink comes from the colour of the habits worn by Capuchin monks and translates literally as “little hood”.
It was around the 1930s before the classic Italian cappuccino achieved popularity outside of its home country. Initially, it was prepared using whipped cream, with the frothy milk that we now love so much a later addition. Now, it can be found in virtually every part of the world.
It isn’t clear when people first began to froth the milk for cappuccinos and for other drinks such as lattes. However, it appears to have been in the 1950s that the first machines capable of frothing milk appeared in restaurants and cafes. It was the 1980s before cappuccinos reached the US, where it quickly became a massively popular trend that continues to this day.
Don’t miss: 10 of the best yogurt makers
As coffee making machines and milk frothers have become smaller and more affordable, many people now make this sort of drink at home. The process of frothing up milk is actually very simple.
It is done by adding steam to the milk, which causes it to froth up. The problem with doing this in a saucepan is that the milk can very quickly bubble up and spill out, while burning it can lead to it sticking to the pan and creating a real mess.
Baristas in cafes have a very specific technique that they need to follow in order to serve the perfect, frothy cup every time. However, a domestic cappuccino frother is very simple to use and doesn’t require you to learn any special skills.
Features That Are Important
The best milk frothers all work very simply and can be used without you really learning anything about them. However, it is clear that there are some features that are more desirable than others.
If you are planning on enjoying delicious cups of latte, cappuccino and other drinks like this then the following are some of the features to look out for.
- Heat and froth settings. The higher the number of settings that a coffee frother has the more versatile it will be. For example, it may let you froth up cold drinks, add froth to hot drinks or just heat milk. If you can do all of these things then you can a wonderful variety of drinks with it.
- As with any sort of domestic appliance, if your frother is cordless then you will be able to use it around the house far more easily. Cordless frothers are useful if you plan to take it to the office with you at times.
- Some frothers are handheld devices that you simply apply directly to the milk. These models are easy to use and also tend to be among the cheapest on the market.
- Easy to clean. No-one wants to make fresh cups of coffee with a dirty appliance, so getting one that is easy to clean is a must. The best milk frother models usually have removable pieces for ease of cleaning and some are dishwasher friendly.
- Automatic shut off. As with any device that heats up a lot, you will want to be sure that you are safe when you use it. Therefore, choosing a machine that has an automatic shut off to stop if from over-heating will put your mind at ease.
- Different whisks. Some milk frothers come with two or more whisks, which adds versatility to their use. For instance, some will have a whisk for frothing and another for ensuring that the heat is evenly spread out. A few even give you spare whisks for future use.
- Battery operated. Do you prefer battery operated appliances or main powered one? The battery powered drinks frothers often use 2 AA batteries and are unlikely to give as much of a frothy result as a mains powered rival.
- The capacity. How much milk you want to heat up and to froth will determine the size of frother you choose. Some can make two drinks at the one time, while others can only handle one. You should bear in mind that the heating capacity will be higher than the frothing capacity.
- Heat resistant handle. A good milk frother with a heat resistant handle will help you to create your favourite drinks without any fear of getting hurt. This is a safe feature that you should find on all good models.
- Easy operation. Frothing up some milk for a great drink is incredibly easy to do with the best milk frothers. In fact, some of them have a simple, one button operating process. Certainly, it shouldn’t be anything complicated that seems like hard work.
- Stainless steel. Many of the top frothers are made of stainless steel. This is the best type of material for a highly effective machine that is easy to clean and lasts you for years.
Let’s Wrap It Up
The thought of being able to prepare frothy cappuccinos and lattes at home whenever you want them is definitely very tempting. The range of features on modern milk frothing appliances means that it is very easy to do this at a low cost these days.
With so many milk frothers around you are spoiled for choice when it comes to making a good choice. The truth is that the majority of them will give you a great cup of frothy pleasure, although only a few of them will give you fantastic results every single time over a long period.
By making the right choice just now you can look forward to many terrific cups of your favourite frothy drinks without any fuss,