Best Reviewer may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Patios are a favorite spot to enjoy some outside sunshine time. Moisture and humidity are not patio-friendly leaving your favorite sunny spot with unwanted growth like moss, mildew, and algae.
You want a reliable patio cleaner to restore your patio back to pristine condition.
Read Related Article: Best Pressure Washer For Patio
Below we have offered up five products that we think will make your job easy to give you back your clean patio.
Table of Contents
|1. Jarder Moss Mould & Algae Killer
|2. Dirtbusters Spray Today Gone Tomorrow
|3. Wet & Forget – Moss Mould Lichen & Algae Remover
|4. Pro-Kleen Powerful Black Spot Remover
|5. Patio Magic!
Our Best Patio Cleaner Reviews and Comparisons
1. Jarder Moss Mould & Algae Killer
This “spray and walk away” product does the work for you killing green mold, moss, and algae in 2-3 days and it will continue to protect your outdoor surfaces for six months – up to a year depending on the surface.
- A 5 litre bottle of super concentrated Jarder Sray & Leave makes a minimum of 30 litres of solution that covers 240m² area.
- Ideal to clean all indoor and outdoor hard surfaces that are prone to moss, mould and algae.
- Biodegradable, this product is non-caustic.
What We Like About Jarder Moss Mould & Algae Killer
Easy to use, mix, apply and walk away. Surfaces will look brand new after the moss, mold, and algae have been destroyed.
Suited for patios, paths, driveways, decking, fencing, greenhouses, terracotta pots, gravestones, artificial grass, boats, caravans and more.
What We Don’t Like About Jarder Moss Mould & Algae Killer
The instructions warn ‘Some surfaces, after treatment may produce a white or rusty brown color. This is normal and the color will soon disappear.
Some users found that the strong red-brown stain does not disappear on its own nor with scrubbing.
Very toxic! Read and carefully follow the directions to protect yourself and aquatic life. Don’t use it around ponds.
- Cleans with no effort
- Cleans any hard surface
- Prevents regrowth
- Biodegradable PH8
- Especially toxic
- After algae removal, white residue remained
2. Dirtbusters Spray Today Gone Tomorrow
Easy removal and prevention of mold, mildew, algae, and moss is what this professional grade product offers when applied on your patio, decking, fences, paths, and driveways.
From this 5 liter bottle, you will get 25 liters of the solution to treat up to 200 square meters.
- Eco-friendly option is easy to use
- Spray and it does the rest of the work for you
- There is no need to jet wash or brush after application
- Watch it work over the next couple of days after application
- Safe for children and pets once dry
What We Like About Dirtbusters Spray Today Gone Tomorrow
The formula does not stop working after the initial application. It also helps to control re-growth over the next few months, which makes maintaining your patios, decking, fences, paths, and drives to be green growth-free.
What We Don’t Like About Dirtbusters Spray Today Gone Tomorrow
While this product works on stone it has been found to be ineffective on wooden surfaces.
This product is subject to specific safety warnings as it can cause skin irritation and serious eye damage.
- Extra strong formula
- Spray and leave
- Works in 2-3 days
- Kills moss, ineffective in removing lichen, mold and other green growth
3. Wet & Forget – Moss Mould Lichen & Algae Remover
Wet & Forget is the first choice by big organizations like the Sydney Opera House and Floridian Theme Parks. It contains unique biodegradable surfactants that effectively remove moss, mold and mildew stains from any exterior surface.
No need for water blasting.
Non-caustic and non-acidic, containing no bleach and is rated PH8 (Pure water is PH7). It has no shelf life so you need not worry about an expiration date.
One 5L bottle makes 30L of a solution and covers 100-300m2 depending on the porosity of the surface!
What We Like About Wet & Forget – Moss Mould Lichen & Algae Remover
Dilute the solution with water, it will immediately tackle stains. Rain will reactivate this cleanser and remove any moss, mold and mildew stain without damaging all varieties of surfaces.
No scrubbing or rinsing necessary.
What We Don’t Like About Wet & Forget – Moss Mould Lichen & Algae Remover
Customers have reported seeing no effect after a month or only the moss would be removed while mold, lichen, and algae remain.
- Continues to clean for up to a year
- No special equipment is required
- Easy to apply
- Reactivates in the rain
- Removes moss, while making no impact on other green growth
- Strong smell similar to anti-freeze
4. Pro-Kleen Powerful Black Spot Remover
Pro-Kleen’s’ strong fast-acting (2 hours) formula breaks down the black spots, from patios, drives, paving slabs, sandstone, and any other kind of stone or concrete. Let it soak and then you can rinse them away.
- Extremely powerful formula cleans black spots, stubborn dirt and grime
- Use on block paving, concrete flags, steps, paths and other outdoor hard surfaces
- Works on areas that have been neglected for years
- Leave to work for a minimum of 1-2 hours before rinsing for best results
What We Like About Pro-Kleen Powerful Black Spot Remover
The application was simple and after a couple of hours, you can use water to rinse off. The surface looks almost new.
The grass is not harmed by the product.
What We Don’t Like About Pro-Kleen Powerful Black Spot Remover
It smells strong, like bleach. Discolours clothing very quickly. Need protective gloves and eyewear like goggles due to the strong fumes that can linger for a few days.
- Strong solution
- Fast acting
- Thoroughly cleans
- Easy to apply with a watering can or pump sprayer
- Black spots are not removed
- Toxic to children and pets
5. Patio Magic!
Patio Magic’s anti-bacterial disinfectant is concentrated and long-lasting and easily removes and prevents green mold and algae from returning on hard surfaces. There is no need for rigorous scrubbing or water pressure washing.
- Use on outdoor hard surface
- No need for scrubbing and pressure washing
- Visible results in 2-4 days
What We Like About Patio Magic!
Brush it on and within a week all the green moss is gone. This product is easy to use and actually works, the effects are obvious after a few hours.
What We Don’t Like About Patio Magic!
This product has been found not to work on green growth.
The container indicates this product is toxic to aquatic life, causes skin irritation and serious eye damage if precautions are not taken.
- Easy to apply
- Rapidly removes green growth
- Toxic to aquatic life
- Causes skin irritation and serious eye damage
Wet & Forget seems to have the most benefits and the least concerns for cleaning your patio. Easy to apply, just spray and walk away.
Who doesn’t want to make cleaning the patio an easy job?
Read Another Article: Best Hose Pipe For 2020