[ Our #1 Choice ]
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Even if you are no longer afraid of the dark like when you were a child, it pays to take extra care with what you do after the sun goes down. After all, the hours of darkness are when most accidents at work occur and when we are at our most vulnerable.
Even doing farm work like picking crops can be dangerous in the wrong type of lighting. Then we have to take into account the number of dangers lurking around in your home when it is too dark to see clearly. Needless to say, if you head off on an outdoor camping or hiking trip then the dark nights are going to be the most dangerous times of the whole experience.
Don’t miss: Best head torch for running
This is why people have always looked for safe and comfortable ways of lighting up the area around them. What started with a burning rag tied to a piece of wood has evolved into slick, modern rechargeable torches with a wide range of features.
Of course, this is also an essential purchase if you work in some sort of evening or night time security job. Looking after a building in the dark or patrolling the streets is a dangerous occupation in which every little bit of extra help is vital.
Naturally, some people want to get a torch like this simply as a back-up for use at home or to make them feel more comfortable about what would happen if their car broke down at night. In any type of situation, you will want a reliable torch that will give you a powerful beam that lasts for as long as you need it.
Top 10 Best Rechargeable Torch UK
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 10 Best Rechargeable Torch UK
- 1.1 1. Silverline 2-Million Candle Power Rechargeable Torch 300 Lumens
- 1.2 2. CVLIFE 1800Lm Zoomable LED Lamp & 2 Chargers
- 1.3 3. Vansky® Mini Torch USB Rechargeable Flashlight, 900 Lumen
- 1.4 4. BYBLIGHT 800 Lumens CREE LED Torch
- 1.5 5. LED Flashlight, Akale Led Torch Pocket Torch
- 1.6 6. 5 Modes LED Light Torch, Rechargeable Hand Flashlight
- 1.7 7. Canwelum Super-bright Cree LED Torch
- 1.8 8. NiteSafe Maxi Rechargeable Nightlight with 4 Function LED Torch
- 1.9 9. Binwo Super Bright 2000 Lumen Rechargeable Torch
- 1.10 10. Duronic Hurricane 4 in 1 Rechargeable Wind-Up Dynamo Flashing Red LED
- 2 How It Works
- 3 Features That Are Important
- 4 Let’s Wrap It Up
1. Silverline 2-Million Candle Power Rechargeable Torch 300 Lumens
This heavy duty rechargeable torch comes with a number of useful features such as a swivelling handle with a lock and release button that allows for different types of grips. The Silverline 123456 2-Million Candle Power Rechargeable Torch 300 Lumens has an integrated high capacity 4Ah battery that allows for extended use on high power.
It can also be charged using the 230V mains charger and the 12V in car charger that are both supplied. The output of this torch is an extremely bright 300-lumen, which is similar to the light given off by 2 million candles which makes it an extremely powerful rechargeable torch.
With a weight of 1.6kg and dimensions of 0.2 x 0.3 x 0.2cm, this is a highly portable torch that can come in very handy while camping, for dealing with night-time emergencies and for a number of other reasons. It is worth noting that you should recharge this torch after every use.
2. CVLIFE 1800Lm Zoomable LED Lamp & 2 Chargers
The CVLIFE 1800Lm Zoomable CREE T6 LED Lamp Light Flashlight Torch is a sound option for getting a powerful, rechargeable flashlight that gives a good performance with no hassle. It is made out of good quality aluminium and weighs just 549g, making it light enough to be truly portable.
The LED bulbs in this torch have an impressively long lifetime of 5,000 hours. In terms of charging it up, this takes between 3 and 5 hours, giving you 3 hours of use at full power afterwards.
This is a sturdy and durable item that is both skid-proof and waterproof enough to be of good use on a rainy day or in difficult conditions. The output is impressively powerful rechargeable torch at 185 lumens. You can use it in any one of 3 different modes, which are high, low and strobe.
3. Vansky® Mini Torch USB Rechargeable Flashlight, 900 Lumen
This mini rechargeable torch is a handy tool for taking away on outdoor adventures and for always having with you. It is a 3.7V model that comes with a built-in battery that is charged up by USB cable to a wall charger, car charger or power bank.
You can use it with one of the 5 different light modes that it offers. These are high, medium, low beam, strobe and SOS models. You can flick between the modes by just holding down the button.
The construction is of durable, aircraft aluminium alloy material that is designed to stand up to tough outdoor use when you go hiking, camping, fishing or hunting. You get a 1 year warranty with this Vansky® Mini Torch USB Rechargeable Flashlight and it is said to last for 30,000 hours or more.
4. BYBLIGHT 800 Lumens CREE LED Torch
This super bright 800 lumens light gives you the ability to light up at a distance of 643 feet, or 196 metres. The BYBLIGHT 800 Lumens CREE LED Torch has 5 modes including an SOS mode that is intended for use in emergencies.
The rechargeable 26650 Li-ion battery give a terrific run time with up to 4 hours of output and a lifetime of 50,000 hours of use. The USB charger works with all versions of USB ports and allows for the torch to be recharged without any fuss.
This is IP65-rated waterproof so it can be used even in heavy rain if needs be. The durable design and 18 month warranty mean that you expect this BYBLIGHT 800 Lumens CREE LED Torch to last you a long time without any problems.
5. LED Flashlight, Akale Led Torch Pocket Torch
The bright, rechargeable Akale Led Torch gives a convenient and trustworthy way of taking light with you whether you go. Designed for adventurous outdoors activities as well as for emergency use, it gives 500 lumen of light which should be more than enough for the vast majority of people’s use.
If gives you a bright beam at up to 300ft (100m) and reaches a maximum of some 600ft (180m). This torch has 4 adjustable settings and lasts for up to 5 hours after the 2200mAh battery has been fully charged for 5 hours with the USB cable or your own 1A adaptor.
The LEDs give a lifespan of 50,000 hours. As for the construction, it is compact and durable. This is a waterproof and shock resistant model that comes with an 18 month warranty for extra peace of mind.
6. 5 Modes LED Light Torch, Rechargeable Hand Flashlight
With a 50,000 hour lifetime and a wealth of features, this is a powerful and durable torch that will suit a lot of people. It has 5 switch modes and runs off 3 x AAA batteries or 1 x 2200mAh 18650 Battery 3.7V.
You can charge up this 5 Modes LED Light Torch by Discoball in 2 to 5 hours, after which it will give you about 1 hour on full power with strong mode. It is lightweight and has a hand strap that makes it ideal for carrying on hikes, going caving or carrying out jobs that require patrolling or searching in the dark.
It is built out of an aluminium alloy construction that looks attractive and practical at the same time. You get a car charger and a normal charger to plug into a wall socket. All in all, it is a solid, sensible option.
7. Canwelum Super-bright Cree LED Torch
If you want a compact rechargeable torch that won’t let you down when you most need it then this Canwelum Super-bright Cree LED Torch is a smart choice. It is a complete set that comes with a battery and a charger.
The output is rated as up to 350 lumens and it can illuminate up to 800 feet away when you need to see far into distance clearly. It is finished in tough anodised aluminium alloy and the whole thing weighs just 140g.
The fact that it is weatherproof and tough means that it is the ideal way to light up the night while on a camping trip or some other adventure far from home. The hanging lace means that it is easy to carry or to store away neatly.
8. NiteSafe Maxi Rechargeable Nightlight with 4 Function LED Torch
The multi-use NiteSafe Maxi Rechargeable Nightlight with 4 Function LED Torch and Work Light is a very useful torch to have around. For a start, it sits in a charging base and automatically switches on when the power fails or it is taken out from the base.
It also has a setting for use as a night job illumination. The different settings on it let you find the perfect beam for any sort of occasion. It works with 10 LEDs that can be switched to a more powerful mode or put down to a low power setting.
With safe, cordless charging you can still leave it attached to its base at all times. This is a sensible low cost option for anyone who wants the comfort of additional lighting for whenever it is needed.
9. Binwo Super Bright 2000 Lumen Rechargeable Torch
The adjustable focus on this model makes it one of the best rechargeable torch designs for observing at a distance or for a wide illumination beam. In terms of the build quality, it is skid-proof and water-resistant to allow for outdoor use in a variety of nasty weather conditions.
As is the case with many good rechargeable torches, you get to choose from 5 different settings in order to be easily choose the right one. The clever six teeth safety hammer head design also means that you can use it in emergencies to get out of a jam.
The charging options on the Binwo Super Bright 2000 Lumen Rechargeable Handheld Mini CREE LED Torch Light are rechargeable batteries or normal AAA batteries. The beam goes up to a maximum of 656 feet and you can adjust it just by pulling the head or tapping the mode switch.
10. Duronic Hurricane 4 in 1 Rechargeable Wind-Up Dynamo Flashing Red LED
With a 2 year warranty and a lot of flexibility, the Duronic Hurricane 4 in 1 Rechargeable Wind-Up Dynamo Flashing Red LED, 10 LED Lantern & 3 LED Torch is a fine option for lighting up your trips. There are different ways of recharging it, from hand cranking the winder to connecting it to a USB cable.
The handle has been designed so that you can hold it in any one of 3 different positions. The Spotlight feature uses 3 LED bulbs to get bright lights over a long distance, while the Lantern function has 10 straw lights for close-up brightness. The Red Flashing Lights option gives you 5 red straw lights that go one and off.
1 minute of cranking it up gives you 10 minutes of lantern lighting. If you fully charge it up then you get up to 5 and a half hours of use out of it as a torch before it needs to be recharged again.
How It Works
People have used some form of torch pretty much ever since humans discovered fire. Flaming rags tied to a rough piece of wood were first used as ways of light around, before being gradually replaced over the centuries by the likes of oil, gas and electrical lamps.
The electric torch, or flashlight, was invented by Englishman David Missell right at the end of the 19th century. His design used 3 batteries in a tube that were connected to an electric light bulb. It was called a flash light because it could only be used for short periods of illumination.
Don’t miss: Top 10 solar power banks
From these humble beginnings, the electric torch started to improve, as better designs and longer lasting batteries were introduced. As the 20th century went on, these electric flashlights were increasingly seen as being a safer and more reliable alternative to traditional, flammable torches.
It is suggested that around 10 million of them were around by the 1920s. Since then, the introduction of more modern technology has given us powerful beams and a great deal of versatility. Some of the best rechargeable torch designs now around give us incredibly long beams and can last for several hours before needing to be recharged.
The truth is that modern flashlights still work in a similar way to the way that David Missell’s very first torch did. It is still basically a hollow tube with batteries in it that are connected to a form of bulb. The difference is that the use of powerful, safe technology makes them tools that we can depend upon to light up even the darkest night without any problems.
Features That Are Important
Despite looking so similar, different models of rechargeable flashlights do offer varying functions. By considering how you plan to use yours, you can decide which of the following features are of most importance to you.
- The power of the beam. The very first thing that you are likely to notice about the best rechargeable torches is how incredibly bright they are. Light brightness is measured in lumens and you will see a wide variance, although even the lowest rated modern flashlights are powerful enough for most everyday uses.
- The length of the beam. This is another issue in which even modest torches tend to give us more than enough power these days. They send out very far reaching beams that can light up hundreds of feet away. This is probably most important if you use it for a security patrolling job or something similar.
- The light settings. You will find that many good flashlights now have a range of different modes. This lets you quickly and simply switch between the likes of high, low and SOS settings.
- Time to recharge. How long will the torch give out light after it is has been fully recharged? This could be the most vital issue of all if you plan on using it on night-time hikes or long camping trips.
- Time between recharges. If you are planning on using your torch a lot then you won’t want it to take ages to recharge between uses. Ideally, you will want to find a rechargeable flashlight that is ready to use pretty much whenever you need it.
- Lifetime use. A modern torch will have a maximum amount of hours of use that you can expect out of it. This is typically counted in the tens of thousands of hours and may be backed up with a warranty.
- Easy to handle. If you are going to be carrying this torch about for hours then you need it to be comfortable, right? Some models come with a clever approach that lets you adjust it to one of two or three different handling positions.
- Robustness. A strong and sturdy flashlight is going to give you a great deal of confidence when you take it out with you. The best rechargeable torches tend to be made of tough aluminium alloy that can stand up to a bit of rough treatment.
- Weatherproof. Having to store away your torch when it rains is a hassle but thankfully you can choose a waterproof flashlight that can be used in rainy conditions with no problems.
- Ways of recharging. Do you want a torch that you plug into a base unit, one that you hook to a USB port or even one that you crank by hand? There are a number of different ways of charging these torches and the more that a particular model has the better.
Let’s Wrap It Up
Choosing a new torch isn’t the biggest or most important decision that you are likely to take this week. However, getting it right can make life that little bit easier for you whenever you need to use it on a dark night.
Are you planning on using this flashlight for adventurous camping trips, for a security job or for some night-time fishing? By understanding how you are going to put it to use you can better work out the variety of features that you need on it.
A good, rechargeable torch can give you tens of thousands of hours of illumination over the years, so it makes sense to choose one carefully. Most of them are relatively inexpensive too, but the cost will soon add up if you make the right choice and then have to buy a new one again not much later.
Therefore, why not take just a few minutes to consider the features that you need before you make a choice? Once you make a good decision on this matter you can then simply use it whenever you need some light without any hassle.