Best Reviewer may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Did you know that tyre related problems cause more deaths on the road than any other defects? Some 40% of deaths that are related to car defects in the UK come down to issues with tyres that weren’t in the right condition for use out on the road.
Indeed, other reports show an even higher figure for Ireland in this matter, with 64% of fatal traffic accidents there blamed on the tyres.
Yet, fixing the problem of under-inflated tyres is something that shouldn’t really be a problem anymore. After all, you can get the best tyre inflator for very little money these days.
Choosing a device for keeping your tyres at the right pressure is a very smart move for safety reasons as well as for convenience.
Don’t miss: Best tyre pressure gauges
[ Our #1 Choice ]
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
These handy pumps work very simply to put your mind at ease. In a matter of minutes, you can pump up a flat car tyre or else just make sure that it is already at the right pressure.
There is no need to get behind the wheel with any doubts about whether or not you are going to be driving a vehicle that is safe and ready to use.
By reading through the following reviews you can identify the key features that you need and find the exact model that is going to make life easiest for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 10 Best Tyre Inflator 2018
- 1.1 1. Ring RAC610 Analogue Tyre Inflator
- 1.2 2. AA Tyre Inflator, Compact and Lightweight for Travel
- 1.3 3. Ring RAC600 Digital Tyre Inflator
- 1.4 4. Tyre Inflator, QZT Portable Air Compressor
- 1.5 5. Digital Tyre Inflator to 150 PSI
- 1.6 6. P.I. Auto Store Premium Digital Tyre Inflator
- 1.7 7. Analogue Tyre Inflator by AUPERTO
- 1.8 8. Oasser Air Hose for Tyre Inflator
- 1.9 9. Ring RAC630 12V Digital Tyre Inflator
- 1.10 10. Ring RAC640 12V Digital Tyre Inflator
- 2 Best Car Tyre Inflator – How It Works
- 3 Best Tyre Inflator Important Features
- 4 Let’s Wrap It Up
Top 10 Best Tyre Inflator 2018
This massively popular tyre inflator has an impressive number of positive online reviews backing it up. This is a classic type of inflating device that works quickly, getting a flat 13” tyre pumped up to 35 PSI in less than 4 and a half minutes.
The Ring RAC610 Analogue Tyre Inflator is powered by the car’s 12V socket and has a lengthy 2.9-metre cable so that you can reach all of the tyres on most vehicles with ease. In addition, it comes with valve adaptors so that you can use it on balls and bike tyres.
It is a low-cost tyre inflator that works very simply and easily. All you have to do is plug it into the vehicle’s cigarette lighter, switch in, keep an eye on the analogue gauge and then switch it off once the tyre is fully pumped up.
With this small, light tyre inflating pump you can make sure that your vehicle’s tyres are always at the right pressure for safety and comfort. It comes with a 12V socket adaptor and is powerful enough to give you up to 80 PSI pressure when needed.
The useful features on the AA Tyre Inflator include a flexible, extendable air hose and a 3-metre power cord. PSI, BAR and KPA are all displayed. It is simple to use with an easy to connect valve and an internal LED light.
This is an analogue tyre gauge which is nicely flexible thanks to the adaptors that let you pump up bike tyres and inflatables as well. The product comes with an instruction leaflet to help you to get started smoothly.
With this digital tyre inflator, you can very quickly get your car’s tyres up to the right pressure without any fuss. The Ring RAC600 Digital Tyre Inflator can bring a 13” tyre up to scratch at 35PSI in less than 3 and a half minutes.
A clever touch with this car pump is that way that you can pre-set the exact level of pressure that you need. After doing that, you just need to press start and it will automatically stop once it gets to the level that you set. It runs off your car’s 12v cigarette lighter socket.
This product is very well packaged, as it comes with everything that you need to get started. You get a sturdy storage case, a LED light with 3 settings and useful valve adaptors for inflating the likes of bicycle tyres and balls.
If you prefer a digital pressure gauge then the QZT Portable Air Compressor with LED Lamp gives you a nice range of features that make it easy to use.
For a start, the gauge is clearly backlit so that you can use it safely even if you run into tyre problems in the middle of the night out on the road.
The figures for the efficiency of this tyre pump show that it provides a powerful airflow of 27L/min. A high-speed cooling system also means that you can it frequently without any fear.
As with many of the best digital tyre inflators on the market, you have a very useful option of pre-setting the pressure that you want and just letting it shut off automatically once it reaches that level. It is incredibly easy to use this inflator on a wide variety of objects that might need to be pumped up.
Pumping up your tyres to the right pressure is a fast and simple job when you use a good quality tyre inflating device like this. The AUPERTO 12V Car Tyre Compressor Pump shows PSI, BAR, KPA, KG/CM and you can easily switch between these pressure units by pressing the R button on this digital inflator.
As you would expect, the pumping stops once you reach the pressure level that you have set. In terms of the time that you can expect it to take, the 27l/min airflow means that you can get an average-sized car up to 36PSI from flat in under 4 minutes.
With the addition of a LED display, this is the sort of car tyre inflator that you can use even if you run into an emergency late at night on a poorly lit road. The construction is of good quality as it has a tough, anti-slide casing and a robust design.
If you are happy paying a little bit more for a degree of extra quality then the P.I. Auto Store Premium Digital Tyre Inflator is a solid choice. This model uses excellent components to give you a sturdy inflator that shouldn’t let you down.
You can get started by just plugging it into your 12 Volt cigarette lighter socket and setting the pressure that you want to use. The device’s microprocessors then stop at that point, with a reported accuracy of ±1 PSI.
This product has a compact design but is also powerful enough to get the average tyre up from flat to 30 PSI in less than 3 minutes. The addition of a storage case and the small size mean that you can easily put it in the boot of most vehicles.
The AUPERTO DC 12V Air Compressor Pump is arguably one of the best tyre inflators in terms of value for money. A powerful pump with an analogue display, this is a versatile option that could help you to deal with emergencies without any fuss no matter where you are.
The versatility of this model is increased by the fact that it includes 3 adaptors so that you can inflate a big range of things with it. The 20L/min air flow lets you pump up your tyres in 3 to 7 minutes, which pretty much average for this sort of tyre inflating pump.
You get a 3 metre cord with it, so it can be used easily enough on most cars to reach all of the tyres without too much of a stretch. The product weighs 522g and has dimensions of 17.8 x 15.4 x 8.2cm.
This good quality air hose can be used to hook up to an Oasser tyre inflator. It is a handy accessory if you need a new hose because the old one gets lost or damaged.
It is important to bear in in mind that this is a hose for an inflator rather than the full device. The package measures in at 16 x 2 x 1cm.
Of course, if you already have the inflator that works with this hose then you know pretty much what to expect from it anyway.
This digital compressor can make light work of the usually demanding job of inflating tyres. With a strong air flow it can get a 13” tyre up to 35 PSI from flat in less than 3 minutes.
A useful addition to the standard features is the way that you can switch the light between red for SOS and white for night-time illumination. The auto-stop feature lets you pre-set the pressure accurately and simply.
The Ring RAC630 12V Digital Tyre Inflator comes with a case for easy storage and the 3.2-metre cord is easily tucked away. The tyre inflator also comes with 3 useful adaptors and an instruction leaflet.
The versatile Ring RAC640 12V Digital Tyre Inflator gives you the full set of kit needed to get your tyres back up to the right pressure with no hassle involved. It can also work smoothly with the likes of air beds, paddling pools and bike tyres.
You can inflate a tyre in less than 3 minutes, while there is also a deflation setting too. It weighs just 2kg and measures up at 28 x 12 x 26.8cm, meaning that it is easy to carry around and also to store.
With a digital compressor and a fast airflow of up to 30L/min, this is the sort of tyre inflator that makes life easy. It comes with a fused 12V power plug and a 3-metre power code.
Best Car Tyre Inflator – How It Works
The very first tyres ever seen in the world were simply bands of iron placed over wooden wheels. The discovery of rubber changed all of that as well as helping to make driving so much easier and safer from then on.
Rubber was first discovered by Europeans in the South American rainforest. It was then the mid 19th century before an American man named Charles Goodyear accidentally discovered that it could be turned into something incredibly useful through a process is known as vulcanisation.
The amazing rubber boom that this discovery caused made places like Manaus in Brazil into the richest and most opulent cities on the planet for a spell. Yet, without tyre pumps or inflators this rubber-producing region would never have enjoyed such an astonishing boom period.
It isn’t clear when the first inflating machine was invented but it is suggested that it was at the same time as when Scotsman John Boyd Dunlop invented the first tyre, which would make sense. This would have been at the end of the 19th century.
There have been a huge number of ways of inflating tyres tried out since then. However, they all work in pretty much the same way that the very first one did.
A device like this compresses air and force it down into the tube of the pump, through a valve and into the tyre itself. Air can’t escape, so the tyre is continually pumped up until it reaches the right level of pressure.
Naturally, modern technology means that this is a job that now be carried out simply and quickly if you choose the best tyre inflator for your needs.
Best Tyre Inflator Important Features
As we have just seen, tyre inflators work very simply using a process that has been known to us for a long time. Yet, the presence of some additional features can add greatly to the convenience, safety and accuracy of this task now.
- Digital or analogue. The first big decision to make is whether to go for a digital or analogue inflator. Analogue models tend to be slightly cheaper while digital versions are easier to be accurate with. However, for most people, it is simply a question of personal taste.
- Speed of inflating. There may be times when you need to get your tyres fully inflated very quickly. At other times waiting around may just be a pain more than a real problem. The majority of modern tyre pumps work at similar speeds, with the difference between airflow intensity not being particularly large. Expect between 3 and 5 minutes to fully inflate a mid-sized tyre from flat.
- Size and weight. The size and weight of the inflator that you choose are important for a couple of reasons. To start with, you will want it to be easy to move around and work with. In addition, you will also want to be able to store it easily in the boot of your car.
- Length of the cord. The length of the cord on your tyre inflator is vital. If it is too short then you are going to struggle to reach all of the tyres that need inflated. Most good devices will be long enough for the majority of cars but if you have a big vehicle then you will want to pay special attention to this issue.
- A number of adaptors. You may buy air compressors or pump just thinking about your car but it can come in handy for inflating a range of other things too. Provided that it comes with the right adaptors you can pump up balls, inflatables, paddling pools and a whole lot of other things very easily with this device.
- Auto-stop feature. Many of the best tyre inflators come with auto-stop features, especially on digital versions. This allows you to pre-determine what pressure you want and then start it up. The machine will automatically stop inflating the tyre once it reaches the limit that you have set.
- You might not immediately think of lights as being among the most important features on your tyre inflating pump. Yet, just think about the dangers of pumping up a tyre by the side of the road at night in an emergency. Some pumps come with different light settings for emergencies and for normal use.
- Storage case. A sturdy case will make it a lot easier to keep your inflator safe and in good condition. This will also make it truly portable as well as neater to store away after each use.
- Ease of use. You should be looking for a very easy to use a pump that you can connect and use in no time. They tend to come with instructions but most are incredibly easy to use anyway.
- How it is powered? The most popular way of powering up a portable pumping device like this is through the car’s 12V cigarette lighter socket.
Let’s Wrap It Up
Keeping your tyres in perfect condition and with the right pressure is a crucial part of staying safe out on the road. Regular maintenance is the key here, and in that respect, a good tyre inflator will help you to ensure that your tyres are in working order at all times
Don’t miss: Best car diagnostic tools
Portable air compressors can also be of great use when you run into an emergency far from home. The ability to quickly and simply pump up your tyres could really save the day in some cases.
There are a number of different models around, with the most noticeable difference being between digital and analogue versions. By choosing wisely you can get an inflator for your tyres that you can depend upon at all times.
This is the kind of issue that it doesn’t make sense to leave to chance. Once you get the best tyre inflator, you will feel a lot happier and more relaxed about the task of keeping your vehicle running well without any hassle.
With this done, you can get behind the wheel with a greater level of confidence and hit the road for some driving adventures without any worries.