Best Reviewer may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
[ Our #1 Choice ]
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Read Our Review
Did you know that Brits drink 265 million cups of tea each day, which works out as over 60 billion cuppas every year? Incredibly, this doesn’t even make us the world’s biggest tea lovers, as the Turks and the Irish drink more tea per person than is consumed in the UK.
Just imagine how much time you waste in heating up water every day to make your share of your cups of tea. Of course, if you drink a few of the 55 million cups of coffee drunk in the UK every day then you will also be making a number of trips back and forward to the kettle.
Don’t Miss: Sleeping bags
It is also clear that tea and coffee are pretty addictive, so maybe you occasionally crave a cuppa when you are far from home and there isn’t a kettle within miles. Well, this is exactly the kind of situation in which having a good Thermos flask to hand can help you out immensely. They are the best brand of flask for keeping drinks hot.
These convenient vacuum flasks have been around for a long time and offer a very simple way of getting a hot drink whenever you feel like it. In addition, they can also keep cold drinks at the right temperature for refreshing you on a warm day.
The versatility of these drinks containers means that many people take them to the office, to the gym or away in their car to the countryside. Basically, if you choose the right one for your lifestyle then you will get a huge amount of use and pleasure out of it for a long time to come. Let’s take a look at the top 10 best flasks for coffee and tea.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 10 Best Thermos Flask 2018
- 1.1 1. Thermos ThermoCafé Stainless Steel Flask, 500 ml – Excellent Coffee Thermos
- 1.2 2. Thermos Stainless King Food Flask, Midnight Blue, 470 ml
- 1.3 3. Thermos Stainless King Flask, Midnight Blue, 1.2 L
- 1.4 4. Thermos ThermoCafé Stainless Steel Flask, 1.0 L
- 1.5 5. Thermos Ultimate Series Flask, Charcoal, 900 ml
- 1.6 6. Thermos Stainless King Flask, Midnight Blue, 470 ml
- 1.7 7. Thermos Direct Drink Flask, Charcoal, 470 ml
- 1.8 8. Thermos ThermoCafé Stainless Steel Flask, Hammertone Grey, 500 ml
- 1.9 9. Thermos Stainless King Travel Tumbler, Red, 470 ml
- 1.10 10. Thermos Stainless Steel Food Flask, Pink, 290 ml
- 2 How It Works
- 3 Features That Are Important
- 4 Let’s Wrap It Up
Top 10 Best Thermos Flask 2018
1. Thermos ThermoCafé Stainless Steel Flask, 500 ml – Excellent Coffee Thermos
This durable Thermos flask is perfect for keeping liquids at the perfect temperature for longer no matter where you go and what you do. With impressive double wall vacuum insulation it works equally well with both hot and cold drinks in it.
Both the inside and the outside of the Thermos ThermoCafé Stainless Steel Flask, 500 ml are made out of stainless for a quality, long lasting feel that inspires confidence. Of course, the exterior remains comfortable to touch regardless of whether you have something extremely hot or cold inside it. You also get a nicely insulated stainless steel serving cup with it too, which makes for the perfect coffee thermos.
This stainless steel flask weighs 290g and measures in at some 7 x 7 x 25cm. It is billed as being perfect for everyday use and can fit into a handbag or backpack easily enough due to its compact size. You just need to twist the stopper and pour rather than take it off each time that you want to use it.
This classy looking Thermos flask in a cool midnight blue colour can keep food and drinks hot for a maximum of 9 hours or cold for an impressive 14 hours. It is made out of a hard-wearing stainless steel interior and exterior, with a stainless steel lid that can be used as a serving bowl when needed.
As is usual with the best Thermos flask models, the Thermos Stainless King Food Flask, Midnight Blue, 470 ml remains cool to the touch when filled with hot liquids and sweat-proof when it has cold stuff inside it. This flask comes with a massive 50 year guarantee and it also comes with an extra wide mouth as well as a full-size folding stainless steel spoon too.
This Thermos flask weighs just 1.1kg and has dimensions of 9.4 x 9.4 x 14.2cm. The flask holds 470ml, meaning that it is ideal for taking out and about with a personal serving of drinks in it.
This stylish and highly effective Thermos container promises to keep both hot and cold liquids at the same temperature as when you put them in, for a whopping great 24 hours. With a lengthy 50 year guarantee and a stainless steel construction, the Thermos Stainless King Flask, Midnight Blue, 1.2 L is a tough and durable flask that should give year after year of faithful service.
All of the usual features from the best vacuum flasks are present here, while the twist and pour stopper makes it easy to pour without taking it out every time. It weighs 676g and measures 3.7 x 4.3 x 12.3cm.
You can fill this model up with 1.2 litres of liquids and it will still stay at the same temperature outside no matter how hot or cold the liquid inside it is. This is a fairly expensive hot water flask (or tea flask) but if you want a good quality item then it will do a fantastic job for you for a long time.
The Thermos ThermoCafé Stainless Steel Flask, 1.0 L is a decent size of vacuum insulated flask that is classed as being virtually unbreakable due to its robust stainless steel construction. You get a twist and pour stopper for ease of use and a capacity of 1 litre that should be enough for most people’s needs.
Hot liquids will stay hot in here for up to 8 hours, with cold stuff retaining their low temperature for up to a full 24 hours. It has a height of 30cm and a diameter of 9cm, with a weight of 458g.
This thermo flask includes an insulated stainless steel serving cup and benefits from double wall vacuum insulation that keeps the liquid inside at the temperature you want it to be. All in all, it is a versatile and convenient flask that does it job without any fuss.
With an eye-catching charcoal colour and a robust outdoors type of design, the Thermos Ultimate Series Flask, Charcoal, 900 ml is ideal for taking away on outdoor adventures like camping or fishing trips. Its top class performance means that the contents stay either hot or cold for up to 24 hours at a time. It’s design also makes it a great choice for a thermos water bottle.
The stainless steel interior and exterior have been reinforced with protective silicone rings for extra durability. A two part stopper helps ensure a smooth flow of liquids without any mess or hassle.
You get a handy 5 year warranty with this sturdy Thermos flask, so you can take it out and use it with confidence on your travels. It weighs 399g and can hold up to 900ml.
Wherever you go and whatever you like to drink nice and warm, this Thermos Stainless King Flask, Midnight Blue, 470 ml model will keep it hot for up to 18 hours. On the other hand, if you use it for cool drinks then expect them to be cold for up to 24 hours.
The interior and the exterior are both of stainless steel, as is the serving cup that comes with it. As with many of the top Thermos flasks, you get a useful twist and pour stopped that lets you fill up your cup with an absolute minimum of fuss.
The quality of this Thermos container is seen in the way that it is offered with a long, 50 year guarantee. With dimensions of 3.8 x 10.2 x 2.9cm and weighing 349g, this is an easy option for taking out and about with you or just for using at home.
This cool black Thermos flask has a sporty look that makes it a great option for active people who always want to have something hot or cold to drink nearby. With good quality Thermos vacuum insulation technology hot temperatures are retained for 10 hours and cold drinks remain cold for up to a maximum of 24 hours.
As you would expect from the best Thermos flasks around, this model is built out of tough stainless steel. It has been cleverly designed to stay cool and sweat-proof on the outside no matter what you have inside it.
There is a 5 year guarantee with the Thermos Direct Drink Flask, Charcoal, 470 ml. It is lightweight and measures just 23.2 x 7 x 7cm despite the decent capacity, meaning that it gives you an easy way of taking your favourite drinks away with you.
With a sleek grey look, the Thermos ThermoCafé Stainless Steel Flask, Hammertone Grey, 500 ml is an attractive option for always having your favourite drink near to hand at all times. All of the classic thermo flask benefits are here, from a twist and pour stopper to the cool touch exterior.
The addition of an insulated stainless steel serving cup is a nice touch. The fact that it is so good looking and only weighs 322g means that this is the perfect Thermos flask for taking to any sort of occasion.
You get the benefit of a 1 year guarantee means that you can buy this hot drinks flask without any fears and with a great deal of peace of mind.
This cranberry red travel tumbler is great for keeping stuff hot or cold as you travel. Hot drinks will stay that way for up to 7 hours, while your cold drinks won’t lose their refreshing coolness for 18 hours or so.
One interesting feature in this product that sets it apart is the drinklock sealing lid. The famous Thermos guarantee means that you can buy the Thermos Stainless King Travel Tumbler, Red, 470 ml with complete peace of mind.
In terms of the size and weight of this flask, it weighs in as at 354g and measure 20 x 8.3 x 8.3 cm. The built in tea hook means that making tea in here is simple and quick to do, regardless of whether you do it with tea bags or an infusion device.
While we most commonly associate Thermos products with drinks, this Thermos Stainless Steel Food Flask, Pink, 290 ml is designed with food in mind. Indeed, you can keep food warm for up to 5 hours in here, while cold stuff will stay that way for up to 9 hours.
It is made out of a BPA free stainless steel exterior and interior that is highly durable. As normal with all good flasks, you can touch the outside without any fear of getting burned or it being all cold and nasty.
As this Thermos food container is designed with eating in mind, it has a wide mouth that makes it simple to use and also to clean as well – some say its the best food flask, and it would be hard to disagree.
How It Works
Thermos is a brand name for a type of vacuum flask that is cleverly designed to keep the contents at the original temperature, whether they are hot or cold.
Vacuum flasks were first created at the end of the 19th century by a Scottish man named Sir James Dewar. This is why they are sometimes referred to as a Dewar flask or Dewar bottle, although the inventor decided not to look for a patent for his revolutionary product and never produced commercial flasks.
Don’t miss: Inflatable kayaks
This invention led to a couple of German glassblowers creating the first commercial vacuum flasks, which they called Thermos. A number of companies then refined the product under the same name and eventually Thermos became the name that most people used for this type of flask to keep liquids either hot or cold
These flasks work in a very clever way, by creating a vacuum around the contents that stops heat being conducted in the interior. In this way, it is really made of two flasks – one within the other – that are joined together at the top and have a partial vacuum in between them.
These days, Thermos vacuum flasks come in a massive variety of shapes, colours and sizes. This means that it is a relatively simple task to find the perfect one for any particular use or occasion.
Features That Are Important
As we have just seen, vacuum flasks all work in essentially the same way, as the partial vacuum between the two sections keeps the interior temperature constant for hours at a time. However, that doesn’t mean that they are all exactly the same in every single way.
Indeed, there are a number of features that you will want to take into account in order to make sure that you make a good choice.
- The time that it keeps liquids hot. This is something that varies from just a few hours to a full 24 hours in some cases. If you want the likes of hot tea or coffee on the move then the longer your Thermos vacuum flask keep its contents steaming hot the better.
- The time that it keeps liquids cold. Typically, a good flask will keep stuff cold for longer than it keeps things inside hot. 24 hours is a fairly normal length of time for this task, which is great news if you like to have a refreshing drink with you on hot days.
- It’s suitability for food. While most people will use their Thermos flasks for holding drinks, there are also some models that are ideal for keeping food in too. In this case, you should look for an extra wide mouth that makes it easy to fill up and to eat from too.
- The capacity. We all want a new thermos vacuum flask for different reasons, which is why we tend to look for different capacities from them. For example, if you go on long treks or camping trips then you will probably want a bigger capacity and more robust design than someone who just wants the odd cup of tea at work.
- Easy to pour. Many of the best Thermos flask models come with a twist and pour top. This is great news, as it means that you can very easily serve your drinks without having to take the top off or risk spilling it every single time.
- Cool on the outside. An absolutely essential part of any vacuum flask is the ability to stay cool on the outside even when something very hot is contained in it. If you feel that the outside is hot then there is probably a problem with it, as no decent flask should have this issue when it is working properly.
- Attractive looks. One of the advantages to the quantity of different Thermos flask models around these days is that you can choose the look that is perfect for your needs. There are elegant flasks, sports models and fun looks to choose from.
- The warranty. As with any product that you expect to use a lot over a number of years, you will get a great deal of comfort out of a good Thermos flask with a long guarantee. Some of the best vacuum flasks have warranties for as long as 50 years as a mark of their outstanding quality.
- Useful accessories. Most hot drink flasks are pretty simple but some do come with useful accessories that make them that bit more attractive. For example, some come with a stainless steel serving cup, a long spoon or a tea hook. Again, how useful these things are will really come down to how you plan to use your flask now and in the future.
Let’s Wrap It Up
A good quality Thermos flask that suits your needs will give you years of use and could add greatly to your lifestyle at the same time. While this is basically just a simple way of keeping liquids hot or cold, it can give you a lot more freedom and flexibility in your days if you choose wisely.
From having your favourite hot drinks to hand at work to being able to take drinks on long trips away, the right vacuum flask will come in very handy over the years. There are plenty of choices to make, as there are numerous excellent options on the market just now.
Some people even buy more than one flask so that the models of different sizes of with varying features for whenever they are needed. However, if you are only going to choose one then our reviews will help you to make a good choice to find the best thermos flask.
Once you have made your decision then you can start to enjoy the freedom and flexibility offered by the top Thermos flasks. Never again will your favourite drinks be far away or difficult to get hold of when you are away from home.